Monday, July 27, 2009

Something old and something new

Well, one of the requirements for my Permanent Residence Application is that I have to prove that I can actually understand English. I wrote the IELTS language test at Curtin Uni a few weeks ago, and got my results today.



I scored an average of 8.0, which, according to the definition, means


In the meanwhile, I'm busy arranging to go for my practical driver's asessment. Yikes. I obtained my licence 20 years ago, and now I have to go and do it all over again. I wrote the Learners test a few months ago, but because Namibia and South Africa are not recognised countries, I have to do the practical asessment in order to convert my Namibian Driver's licence to a WA licence.

I hate this. I think this qualifies for some sort of legal complaint somewhere?

Anyway, in the meanwhile I have been searching for some new blogs to add to my blogroll, and I have stumbled across a few. Have a look - many of them are travelling blogs; people who travel around Australia in caravans, and that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mater,
Ek en vroulief het ook so twee weke terug vir ons liksens gegaan (ook 20 jaar laas deur die oefening gegaan in iAfrika).

Sy moes natuurlik die hele 45 minute ry, parallel parkering, drie punt draai, en die werke doen. Ek het gelukkig net gery, ek en die mater het te lekker gesels dat ons nooit by die parkering uitgekom het nie.

So, my advisies is om net op jou gemak te wees, neem 'n flatwhite of twee voor die tyd en chat lekker met oomie. En, check net vir die School zones en jou spoed. Die ouens vang mens nogal so uit. Reel dalk jou afspraak na 9:30vm dan is daar mos nie meer school zones nie.

Geluk met jou IETLS. Moet jy nog 'n skills assessment doen? Ek moes twee doen, in iAfrika het ek al PR gelodge en moes by ACS my skills assessment doen (ek 'n Ingenieur maar het die laaste 10 jaar meer IT as Ingenieurs werk gedoen). Ek kry toe 'n joppie hier in Brissie en land toe Sept laasjaar hier. Ek het so paar maande terug my werkgewer oortuig om my vir 'n ENS PR te sponsor en woes toe weer 'n skills assessment doen (deur Vetasses). Alles darem goed afgeloop en en ons het so drie weke terug ons PR gekry!!

Laat weet maar as jy hulp nodig het. My epos is leon.aussie@gmail.com.

Groete,
Leon

NS: Ek geniet jou blogs. Keep it up