Friday, September 4, 2009

Dining at Bluewater

I did the right thing today and took the little wife out for a dinner date.  After careful research and analysis of all the facts, (which actually means “after intensive Googling”,) I managed to make reservations for the two of us at the Bluewater Grill in Applecross.

The setting looked great from what I could see on the internet, and Applecross looked like it could be a nice bit of neighbourhood, with the river and all that going on.

Map picture

Now I’m no food critic, but I’ll give you my report.  Who knows, maybe this can start a new career path for me, with someone else paying the bills, whilst the pretty wife and I enjoy all wonderful kinds of restaurants all around WA.

This restaurant has the most awesome setting.  The river and the city skyline in the background is a sure recipe for success. 

Once in a while it’s nice to be in a cultured environment where the down-to-earth “no-worries”, thong-wearing, sleeveless footy-shirt Aussie culture is not too prevalent.  Where the background music is just right, and you don’t see obese kids tearing down the place and screaming at their parents.

IMG_3587The food was great, the service was good and the price was probably not too hefty, although I had to close my eyes and swipe that gold card and pray that my limit is still far away.

But it was worth it.

IMG_3594

 

 

We walked around and took a few photos in the dark, and realised that a fine drizzle was developing all around us.  We just got into the car and onto the road when heavens opened and heavy showers came down out of nowhere.

 

 

IMG_3597 IMG_3599I finally figured out how to work the timer setting on this camera, and managed to take some photos of the two of us.  

IMG_3607IMG_3603 

IMG_3609 

We took a drive around this lovely area, and were astonished at the massive palaces around the place.  The people who live around here must be stinking rich.  I hope to join that club someday.

To sum it up, we had a great evening.  If you feel like having a great evening with the love of your life in a decent restaurant , then I can recommend the Bluewater without hesitation.

Skyline

No comments: